6.01.2010

{ a perfect getaway }



There is nothing better in the world to me than a weekend getaway.


A total break from everyday demands and responsibilities.


When we do get away, this is one of our favorite places to go.


This is my parents cabin in Meadows of Dan, Virginia.


Their own little slice of heaven on earth.


S I M P L I C I T Y at it's finest.


No electricity...


No running water ...


No cable...


No phone ...


NO WORRIES.





Just good ol' fashioned roughin' it.





Our first order of business...


a place to lay our heads.


Hence... tent setup.


This only took us two tries,


with minimal disagreements on how to get it up correctly...


Papa and I were very proud of ourselves.





See all those poles, this is where you can run into problems...


Which one goes where, is this it?  Ummm I don't think that's right.


OK, time to break out the instructions.




With that all done it was time to move in the gear.




Then it's time to relax with a good book,


and a big ol' basket of knitting.




Maybe even write a little note with a good ol' fashioned charcoal stick.




With lots of wood in the wood shed,


we are assured a great weekend to while away


in any way we see fit.


Ahhh.... relaxing.



Hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend,


and a huge THANK YOU


to all those who serve and have served our country so well.




* peace & love *

Carrie
Pin It

8 comments:

  1. Hi Carrie, I can imagine nothing nicer than camping in the woods in Virginia. Like you say, no cable, electricity etc forces you to relax and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like such a fun and relaxing time! My husband and I are excited for our youngest to get a little older so we can start taking them camping. What wonderful family memories you are making!

    Blessings,
    Heather:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...I just love camping! It looks like a wonderful weekend...so peaceful and laid back!
    Have a great week.
    ~Elissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm okay with the relaxation part....but sleeping on the ground not so much. That's why I want a vintage camper:)

    xo
    LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey we're reading the same book ! Hope you had fun on your peaceful weekend !

    gena
    www.thehouseonlavenderhill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carrie, you are so right!!! Al little slice of heaven indeed. How wonderful that you get to experience such a beautiful place:) Hope you are having a lovely week my sweet friend ~ Tina xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great place to escape! I could do everything except the no running water part :)

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. The book in your basket jumped out at me. I read that a few weeks ago! :) Hope you enjoyed your weekend away. I'm not sure I could rough it quite that much...love my bed and a/c.

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing your lovely faces & reading your sweet comments. Thanks for taking the time to visit me : ) * I do my best to respond by e-mail, if I miss you please forgive me. peace & love * Carrie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...