11.23.2010

:: punky's apartment reveal

Good morning sweet peeps.  Sorry I've been awol for the past couple of days, but I've been up to my eyeballs in decorating and shopping for my sweet little Punky's room.  Before I share more about this though, I want to say thank you to you all for the sweet and supportive comments on my last post.  I had to share again, not because I wanted to go there so much as I hoped to touch and help someone else.  I also needed to give thanks out loud for where I am right now....I am sooooo HAPPY.  I do hope that it touches someone else and helps them if they are at all experiencing any of the things that I was. Know that you are not alone, please feel free to e-mail if you have more to say, you can find my e-mail in my profile.

Now, on to a fun subject I know we all enjoy.....d e c o r a t i n g.

Woo, hoo, I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel with my Punky's apartment. So I thought I'd share with you how it's turned out.  Hold on to your hats, because this is a big change from where we were.



I'm starting with the photos of her bedroom area, because I honestly love this space. I find myself coming up here and just lounging around on her bed pretending I'm a kid again....I would have loved this kind of space when I was a kid. I'll share some details of where I found things as I go.  I had the chenille bedspread that I had found recently at my favorite little thrift store {love it}. The fun pillows all came from Pier 1 {Love, Love, them}. I was kinda going for an eclectic mix of fabrics, throwing in as much vintage as possible when I could. The mirror above the bed was a past purchase from Hobby Lobby, and was formerly in her bathroom {I had already painted over it's gold finish},  The frames are all thrift and antique store purchases I had on hand {spray painted ivory}, the mirrored laugh and love signs came from Hobby Lobby also, I loved the mirror finish on them, and lastly the curtains came from Ikea, and are the Matilda's, I love these they are so perfect in her room, and they are so vintagey sweet.


I brought the side table in from my bathroom, and the lamp was a past yard sale purchase for $1 which I had painted a long time ago...I think the colors worked out perfectly. I purchased the old rotary dial phone at another local thrift store, and it still works. I added the brown faux fur throw at the end of the bed to carry over some of the darker wood tones into the sleeping area for balance....and Punky loves to snuggle up with in it.


I just adore all the fun colors in her pillows, and all of the details are fantastic....much better than just a plain fabric pillow. I have to admit I was kinda going for an Anthropologie look, but on a budget of course.  These pillows really did the trick, and the price was reasonable.


Just showing you another angle, and the sweet vintage curtains {sheets} I used to hide all of the clutter on the shelves...this makes this area so much nicer for sleeping and relaxing, while she still has easy access to all of her toys. The sheet I had on hand from a thrifting adventure, and I simply purchased some cute cafe curtain rods from Target. I was so excited about how this turned out, and the fabric couldn't have been more perfect for her space, isn't it the sweetest?.



This is the other side of her sleeping quarters. I picked up the table at Ikea the other day, as well as the little galvanized pots, paper holder, and the display wire {or curtain wire}.  I LOVE IKEA.  The table was so easy to put together, and only took me about 15 minutes to put together. I'm going to have a glass top made to protect it from marks, but right now that paper roll makes it easy to roll out a piece to protect the table top. The chairs are from Target, and I snagged them from our basement....Miss "P" wanted an area big enough for her and a friend to sit and draw. I love how this area turned out.


This is how her living room turned out.  I'm really pleased with it as well. I finally got all of the artwork hung in her room yesterday....I just adore those prints by Marisol Spoon. The frames are from Target, as well as the lamps.  The couch if you remember was a Goodwill purchase for $20, and I've decided to leave it as is {I think it works}. The rug came from TJ Maxx, and I was a little up in the air on whether it worked or not, but I've decided it does so we are keeping it {what do you think?}. The bird pillow, and the throw were also Pier 1 purchases, and the little green pillow was a Goodwill purchase.  The cute little creature was a gift from her aunt made by MorningLori on etsy.



So, what do you think? Do you think it turned out Okay? I still have some work to do in here, but overall I've gotten the major things done. I'll share her bathroom area with you when I have it completed, but for now I've gotta get my house ready for Thanksgiving, and then Christmas decorating.  Sheesh, the cleaning and decorating never ends around here.

:: peace :: love :: hugs ::

Carrie


P.S.  I read every one of your comments, and I promise to do my best to get back to you with answers to questions.  If I've missed commenting on your blogs or responding, it's because I'm up to my eyeballs in some kind of project and I can't find any time to get to my computer...please forgive me.

To answer Angela's question about my garden statue, It was a gift from my husband and children for mothers day a few years ago...it came from a local business that sells statuary.  I saw it when driving by one day and I hinted that I really wanted it,  I love it so much....especially the way she looks in the snow.

Thanks again for all of the sweet encouraging comments. HUGS.

Pin It

51 comments:

  1. love the cussions! and the prints are also great,
    I saw them on etsy.

    greetings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what color is the blue paint on the wall?

      Delete
  2. Oh that's so sweet (and functional). My 11 year old has been asking for a "couch" for her room for two years. I can't wait to show her this room. Re statue, I'm going to keep my eyes out. I just love that one. I have twin girls and a boy. I picked up a boy statue and couldn't decide what I wanted to do about the girls. I didn't want two of the same kind. One day while driving through and small, old southern Illinois coal mining town I saw a garage sale and sitting there on the corner was a statue of two girls sitting on a tree stump - - one with curly hair and one straight - - just like my girls. It was a steal and I love it. It's old, tattered and even has paint splattered on it, but it's perfect. I'll have to do a post on my garden statues next summer when the garden is in full bloom again. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fabulous, love the infusion of the dark! I think it does have a very "Anthropologie" feel to it with those colorful pillows! How cool to have a couch.....as a kid that must be awesome! ;-)
    ~michelle~

    ReplyDelete
  4. This room is gorg!
    Great use of colors and love all the pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous little room! I love everything about it....including the IKEA pots. LOVE that store, and I have some just like it.

    Isn't it fun to decorate a little girl's room. My son's is MUCH, MUCH harder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh you did a wonderful job!!! So cute!
    Every little detail..I love the "laugh" and "love" in the frames..so sweet!
    Have a great week and try to get some rest :)
    You deserve it!

    Deborah xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. punky is one lucky girl- that suite is just ideal! gorgeous!!! calming with the right amount of bold colors. this is my favorite of everything you have ever posted.... LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute..so sweet. Love all the colors...pillows...desk area...oooohhh it is all so cute!!!!
    Ashlyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carrie...this has turned out beautiful!! I love the vintage with the eclectic and vibrant colors! Lots of whimsy there...just perfect for punky! You have great taste and wish I lived close...the fun we would have shopping together! ;) Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving friend!!

    Hugs,
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  10. This turned out beautifully! I love the bedspread!
    Happy Thanksgiving, Carrie!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carrie, the room is absolutely beautiful! I love it. The colour, those gorgeous frames and mirror...everything is just perfect! I bet your little Punky is so happy with her new room, and you must be 'Mum of the Year'. Gorgeous job lovely lady. Hugs ~ Tina xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is beautiful! You totally pulled off the anthro look, and I love that you did it on a budget! A particular feature I really like is the vintage sheet you used as a curtain. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh myy gosh! LUCKY GIRL!!! That is one fabulous room, my friend! LOVE, LOVE, L-O-V-E it!

    Happy Thanksgiving to you!

    ~mary~

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an amazing job you did! Wow, I wish that was my room when I was little too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fab lil pad to hang! Great job~Cheers Kim

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi, im back again, you make beautiful things, i looked at your etsy shop. I love the vox and the owl.

    great! I m putting your blog link on my blog so i can follow you

    greetings.

    ps what is "Anthropologie" feeling (maybe i'am crazy, but He! I don't live in the US

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG!!! Carrie, love, love, love this room. It is stinkin adorable and looks like it came straight from "Domino" magazine, may it rest in peace!!

    You are such a delight to me, how come we don't live closer??? It's funny because the sunroom that I just did, I bought that same lamp from Target and I bought that throw from Pier 1.

    I would have never left my space if I would have had a room like this. It's adorable. I love it, love it, love it.

    I hope you will come by and visit me, I'm trying to redeem myself in blogland.

    xo
    LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Carrie,
    What a lucky girl, she must love it! I really like all the colors :)

    I think the gumdrop wreath would be so fun for your kiddos but def. use the toothpick idea. The glue gun would be a mess and they would surely burn themselves a few times as I did ;)

    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Carrie your girl is one lucky lady!! wow wee this room is so much fun, love it, and functional as well, the colors are calming and pretty and it seems you did it on a real budget, love that! happy Thanksgiving my dear! xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE this room. The bed and surrounding area are fantastic! However, I especially love the cool sofa and I think the rug is amazing! Works perfectly! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness, this is soooo fantastic! It looks absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I absolutely love the drawing table!!!! I'm so copying!!! Wonderful idea putting the wire up to hang drawings on ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. What is the wall color?

    ReplyDelete
  24. The room turned out so beautiful! I love it! The colors are great!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I would like to know the wall color too?? So pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi, Carrie

    I just love looking around. I found you blog from At the Picket Fence link party. I am a new follower. Love for you to stop by www.homesweetbutterfly.com

    Have a great weekend.

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is one of the cutest spaces I have seen in a while! I love it!!! It is just super cool and really looks like an apartment :-) All the vintage touches are perfect!

    I just found your blog and I am your newest follower. Would love it if you would visit my blog sometime.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  28. what is the wall color?

    ReplyDelete
  29. What color of blue is that on the walls?! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!! I have been wanting to paint my daughters room that shade of blue, but haven't found a shade that I like. That color is exactly what I am looking for!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the whole room! What is the color on the wall? I've been looking for a color like this, but can't find one.

    Thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Would love to know the color of the blue paint! Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the paint. What is the wall color and brand of paint?

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'm like everyone else .... LOVE the color of the wall paint? Name and brand of paint? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hello...I too am wondering what the paint colour is and where it is from..My girls love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paint is Sherwin Williams Tradewind for all who are interested. Thanks for all of the kind comments.

      Delete
  35. What brand is the rug. I have been looking for a rug with all colors in it. It is beautiful. My e-mail is
    Fdube8241@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. This room is gorgeous! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE..the color.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh my gosh. So cute. I really love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  38. i love love love this but i was wondering what the paint color on the walls happened to be!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thank you for sharing these designs. These are absolutely beautiful. The color combinations and the other elements work perfectly with each other. I do love the blue paint color because it is so refreshing. The hue is also easy to the eyes. Thank you again for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I just found your blog from Pinterest and I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Her apartment is gorgeous! She's one lucky girl. The paint color in here is beautiful and Tradwind is a favorite of mine. I would love to feature this on my paint color blog. You wouldn't have to do a thing, just let me know if you're interested!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I found one of your post on Pinterest. I have to share some of my bedroom picture with you . The picture above my window is inspired by your posts. Thank you very much . I love my new room
    my blog is
    http://brusheswithaivew.blogspot.com/
    Take a look at my room :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your room turned out gorgeous, so glad to have been some inspiration. I adore the color you went with.

      Delete
  43. vandoll86@hotmail.comMarch 5, 2013 at 10:45 PM

    Hello there! I found this beautiful bedroom on Pinterest. I would've LOVED to have such a gorgeous room when I was younger--heck, even now. lol. I'm in the process of decorating our master bedroom (you know how that goes--it def falls to the bottom of the list of to-do's). I am hoping you can help point me in the right direction to find that pretty mirror. Is it still available in stores or can I find online somewhere? I really need this in my bedroom ;)
    Thank you for your help!
    your newest follower,
    Jessica :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessica, unfortunately it's been years since I purchased my mirror from Hobby Lobby. It started it's life gold & I just painted over the finish with some standard off white craft paint. I'm sure if you scoured the internet & maybe thrift stores you could find something that would do the trick. Good Luck & Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  44. I found this on Pinterest and have been looking for pretty white bedding for so long! What you have here is just what I've been wanting, but (and judging by the dates of previous posts, this might be a long shot) where did that bed spread come from?! I appreciate your help!!

    Thanks,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ashley, the bedspread is vintage & was found at a local thrift shop. Good luck with your search, Etsy is a good place to look.

      Delete

I love seeing your lovely faces & reading your sweet comments. Thanks for taking the time to visit me : ) * I do my best to respond by e-mail, if I miss you please forgive me. peace & love * Carrie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...