9.05.2011

:: artist studio - butterflies

Hi friends, I'm finally back online after a long week without internet at home.
The whole switch from Time Warner to Direct TV left us high & dry for a little while.
Wow, you just don't realize how much you use the internet until you are without it a week.
Needless to say, I'm glad to be back here on my bloggy space.
Just thought I'd share what I've been working on in my studio since last night.
I was suddenly inspired to paint, something I don't ordinarily do.
I've always wanted to be a real painter/artist, but honestly I've never attempted it.
Well, I think God has planted a seed to see what I will do with it.
I have to say I haven't been more relaxed and excited to do something artistic in a while.
I was in my studio first thing this morning and finished the artwork above.
Now I'm wondering what you think...is it good enough to sell?
Do you prefer prints or original art?
I wonder if you can tell which butterfly I started with above.
I do believe the last is much better than the first.
After all, I'm no painter and this is the first time i've picked up a brush in some time.
So hopefully over time and with practice I will continue to get better & better.
Most of all I'm really enjoying this time being creative again.

I hope you all are doing well, and having a wonderful holiday weekend.
I'm so sad that it's already coming to an end.
I've enjoyed this time at home with my family just relaxing.

{ peace, love & hugs }
Carrie
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. They are beautiful. I normally paint in oils and my genre is abstract art, However once in a while I will paint, botanicals of sea life and have done butterflies. They are so exquisite! Bravo!

    Come and join my Fashion Giveaway from Fresh Produce; you will love it!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Carrie,
    Beautiful butterflies! God has given you a real talent for painting.
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful! Its funny because I was just making my lesson plans for the week and going over butterflies!

    Very good paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they are beautiful. I have drawn and painted butterflies in the past and always found them to be so delightful. My only pet peeve...do not say that you are not a real artist! You curtainly are. You are an artist in every way...and yes, I believe these would sell. All you need to do is add them to your etsy to find out, right? Lovely.

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing your lovely faces & reading your sweet comments. Thanks for taking the time to visit me : ) * I do my best to respond by e-mail, if I miss you please forgive me. peace & love * Carrie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...