9.24.2011

:: best of Etsy...knits

It's that time of year again for my favorite winter sport....K N I T T I N G.
Time to start breaking out the crochet hooks & knitting needles.
So here's a little knitty inspiration to motivate {me} and hopefully you.
For those of you who aren't into the yarn arts, but love them all the same
this goodness is for you too....minus the tired hands & carpal tunnel.


First up....



is the lovely long cable cardigan with buttons by Jessie.
Jessie has been creating and selling her own knitwear designs since 2007.
Jessie lives in Redmond, Washington with her husband Tom & her kitty Fallon.
Go have a look at more great knits in her etsy shop, isn't her banner so cute { love owls } 





Second up...


is the wonderfully colored and textured Medusa Infinity Scarf 
made by the lovely Dana Valente at Nina Ramone {named after her fur baby}.
Dana is a self taught knitter who cannot read knit or crochet patterns.
{I'd say she's doing pretty darn good on her own wouldn't you}
She's a knitter/crocheter by day and a roller derby diva by night...
her moniker.....Dresta Kill.....don't you just love it.
To take a peek at more of her great work, just click on her banner below.





Third up...


is the beautiful basket weave Painted Desert Wrap by Leah
of Hey Freddie on Etsy. Leah hails from Columbus Ohio.
Her favorite knitting materials are wool, alpaca & mohair.
I love Leah's work, and I'm sure you will too.
Visit her at her etsy shop below.





 Fourth up...


The stunning Linen and Lace Halter Top by Efia 
of Efia Fair. Efia is a very talented girl, she loves to draw, sew, paint,
dance, photograph, knit and crochet, and she is also an actress.
I love Efia's romantic style, and I'm sure you will too.
Go have a peek at more of her fabulous knits below...





Fifth up...


Is this adorable Lollipop Prom Dress by Nihan
at Nihan Altuntas. Nihan lives in Istanbul and her work is a mix of modern and 
Anatolian culture. Nihan has been crafting since she was old enough to pick up a crayon.
All of Nihan's pieces are available for customization according to client taste,
{ that just makes her lovely work even better} so go have a peek below.




Last but not least by any means... 


Is the Giant Pouf by Cara of  Mary Marie Knits,
her shop is named for her Grandmother who passed on to her a tradition 
of being creative and thrifty {love that}. Cara is a writer by trade, 
but she has a passion for knitting and creating goods for the home.
I don't know about you, but I need one of these knit poufs, they are just too fun.
So go on have a peek at more of her creative & useful knits...just click below.




So, what do you think of my Best of Etsy...Knits roundup?

What's your favorite?

Aren't these ladies super talented?

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend where you are,
it's rainy and gloomy here again....perfect weather for knitting.

Off I Go.

{peace, love & hugs}
Carrie
Pin It

1 comment:

I love seeing your lovely faces & reading your sweet comments. Thanks for taking the time to visit me : ) * I do my best to respond by e-mail, if I miss you please forgive me. peace & love * Carrie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...