9.26.2011

:: creepy crawly - neoscana crucifera



It seems as though my home is going to decorate itself
for the upcoming Spooky Holiday.

How would you like to walk out your door into this???

Ummm yeah, 
it wasn't very fun this morning,
talk about the heebie jeebies.
I screamed...danced around, 
then had the hubs check me for the webs inhabitants.

OOOh yuck.

Granted my home is quite spider friendly,
we usually gently help them find their way back outside,
or we just leave them be...especially the cute little jumping spiders...

Did you know that they will hunt for other insects {roaches...ick}
and eat them and their larvae, they are good to have around.

So we just leave them be.

I just couldn't resist getting up close and personal
with this gal this morning.
Enter stool, and macro lens.

I obviously didn't destroy her web with my head...lol.





Isn't she cute...{just kidding}

really creepy.

I'll give it some love though,
after all it is one of God's creations.



A little research discovered that my little friend is indeed a female,
as during the fall season the females become diurnal,
which would explain why her web was waiting for me this morning.
Ordinarily they would have packed up shop by daylight.

Pretty cool huh.



Are you spending any time decorating for the season?

Or are you like me and letting nature do it's thing?

For now anyways.

{peace, love & hugs}
Carrie






Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Are you sure you didn't walk into my house? I have a heck of a time with spiders. I think it has something to do with being close to farm fields. I even bought some spider bombs for the garage and when I went to get one of the bombs out of the box, a spider was crawling on the box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like spiders! We have one outside our door, too, at the corner of the porch. My husband called me outside last night to take a picture of him while he shined the light. Very creepy. They are starting to sneak into the house, which I don't like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like spiders but I am always intrigued and fascinated by their web building and how intricate and detailed they are. They are tiny little artists.

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing your lovely faces & reading your sweet comments. Thanks for taking the time to visit me : ) * I do my best to respond by e-mail, if I miss you please forgive me. peace & love * Carrie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...