9.06.2011

:: the emperor & a mosaic



More butterflies... first is the Tailed Emperor { Polyura pyrrhus }, 
doesn't it look grand, the name fits it perfectly.
Secondly I painted the lovely Mosaic butterfly { Colobura dirce } 
I love how different the two sides of this butterfly looks, I just had to attempt the zebra stripes.

So, what do you think?
Like the colors?

I promise no butterflies tomorrow ; )...only
because I was out thrifting today and had no time to paint... hee hee.

Hope you all are having a wonderful week so far.

{peace, love & hugs}
Carrie

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Those are absolutely wonderful! I love them!

    Best, Kelley

    ; 0 )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the black one most, it looks elegant.
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie, if these are your first paintings in watercolor, which is one of the hardest mediums to work in, I can't wait to see as you go!! It looks like you are just a natural! You have been blessed with amazing talent and creativity...love your work! I think you need to have an Etsy just for your paintings too. ;)

    Hugs and love friend,
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your butterflies are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing your lovely faces & reading your sweet comments. Thanks for taking the time to visit me : ) * I do my best to respond by e-mail, if I miss you please forgive me. peace & love * Carrie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...