9.29.2011

:: new life, new beginnings


This is the first bloom on my fall blooming Camellia's,
I chose this variety because I love the beauty of white blooms.
White to me symbolizes peace, innocence & new beginnings

Therefore, this image is quite appropriate to me
for the first day of 40 DAYS FOR LIFE 2011.



My first time standing across the street from an abortion clinic....
I have to admit I was a little scared & intimidated...I had no idea what to expect.
I was afraid of any negative reactions I might get, and what if someone angry approached me.
However, the outpouring of support by passers by was so positive that it gave me the courage to 
come back and do it as often as I could. I could feel the holy spirit, 
& I knew I was doing something good. 
I was so happy to be able to stand up
and pray for those innocent little ones in the womb,
and for the parents who are making life altering decisions.


I knew that somewhere somehow my prayers and presence would make a difference.

If we don't stand for something we'll fall for anything...right?


Today was no different than my first time....
we received peace signs, thumbs ups, smiles and waves.
We held up our signs and prayed. I know in my heart that somewhere 
those prayers changed a mind today...whether it made someone think...Hey,
 I could or should do that, or maybe gave them pause before making a huge decision.
I don't have to know what the change is, I believe in the power of prayer and the right to life.

I know that there are many views on this issue for and against,
I'm not trying to make you share mine....I just want you to know that
if you are like me that there is something you can do. I'm sure that right now there
is a 40 DAYS FOR LIFE prayer vigil going on in your city, and I'm sure they would love to have you.

I never thought this would be something I could do, &
now I only think how could I not.


{peace, love & hugs}
Carrie
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Just want to say thanks for standing for life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done this before, it does have a big impact. Thanks for helping keep it going! andrea@townandprairie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on this, Carrie. I don't believe in abortion on demand. People argue, "Well it's my body." An unborn baby could say, "Well, it's my LIFE!"

    I saw lots of people outside a church today in Florida, and I waved at all of them when I passed!

    XO,

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing your lovely faces & reading your sweet comments. Thanks for taking the time to visit me : ) * I do my best to respond by e-mail, if I miss you please forgive me. peace & love * Carrie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...