10.11.2016

:: fall vibes

Well, it is finally starting to feel like fall here in Charlotte NC. I actually had to turn on the heat this morning when I woke up. I'm excited, I can finally have confidence purchasing pumpkins for my porch. I love the simple display of the shiny & bright pumpkins layered upon the steps of this home in Old Salem. If you aren't familiar with Old Salem, it is a Moravian Colonial living history museum located in Winston Salem, North Carolina and it's one of my favorite places to visit, especially this time of year. In fact, I'm going to try to get the family to take a day trip with me this weekend for a visit...then I will surely feel like the season is upon us :).


These photos are from a visit several years back, but they are a perfect representation of why I love visiting. I love history and old architecture, just look at that handmade glass, how beautiful is that.


If you ever get the chance to visit, the bakery will be a favorite for sure....it is for me. Be sure to get yourself a Moravian sugar cake, and cookies...my mouth is watering just writing about it. I loved this display of rolling pins and cookie cutters in the window of the bakery. Most days you can watch as they make the bakery goods on site in the wood fired ovens just like they did during colonial times, the smell is simply amazing.


In one of the kitchens on site, they have spices they would have used displayed on a very old farm table. It is so interesting to see the homes & spaces, and imagine yourself living during this period.


Here is just one of the many beautiful saltbox homes in the Village of Old Salem. Many of the homes are inhabited by folks just like you or me, I can only dream of living in one of these beautiful historic homes. Look at that beautiful Chevron wood door and the adorable little split stair porch.


Everywhere you walk there are beautiful gardens surrounding the homes encased by beautiful fencing. In the fall things in the gardens are winding down, but the foliage & leaves changing more than make up for it.


So if you live close by, or if you are even passing through NC, this is a beautiful time of year for a visit to Old Salem. You will be so happy you did.

{peace, love & hugs}
Carrie
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love seeing your lovely faces & reading your sweet comments. Thanks for taking the time to visit me : ) * I do my best to respond by e-mail, if I miss you please forgive me. peace & love * Carrie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...